HOW TO BUILD YOUR OWN BACKYARD FIRE PIT
According to Audre Lorde , You cannot use someone else's fire. You can only use your fire. And in order to do that, you must first be willing to believe that you have it. Literally speaking, Get your own FIRE..!!!
If you really want to light up right, do it in style. Take extra time to build your very own ring of fire.
Backyard fire pits are one of the most popular of all landscaping features. They are attractive, functional and provide an outdoor gathering place.
Ideally, a fire pit is constructed from fireproof material on a flat, level area at least 25 feet from a house or tree. Fire pits are strictly governed by local building codes. Some codes require the pit to be encircled by a border of sand or gravel. So before you decide to add one to your backyard, know the code in your area.
The style and shape of a fire pit can vary. Our circular fire pit is about 2 feet tall and 5 feet in total diameter with a 3-feet interior dimension.
METHODS: Using Concrete Bricks
1.Select a spot for your pit. Choose a place that will provide room to walk around the fire, away from plants, fences, or any other kinds of flammable material. Consider the wind in your backyard and the way it will blow smoke from the fire. Also consider how many people will be enjoying the fire, a 6-foot buffer minimum is a good idea
2. Dig a circular hole, 4-feet in diameter and 12-inches deep.
3. Using cement bricks, construct a 12-inch high wall around the pit. Leave about 2 inches (5.1 cm) between the bricks for air circulation.
4. Lay down some concrete, the quick setting type. Cover most of the bottom of the pit, creating a small "dip" in the center where you can place newspaper and kindling. Sprinkle water on the concrete until it hardens to your satisfaction.
5. Build the fire. Construct a tepee from kindling around the newspaper. Light the newspaper, and you're ready to go.
6. Feed the fire. When the kindling gets going, start placing bigger pieces of wood around the shelf in a tepee shape.
Check this out
We can give you fire. We can build it for you.. Kansas City Masonry 816-500-4198 offers the best service in town from masonry construction, historic restoration, brick repair, building restoration, fountain restoration, retaining walls,, building custom & architectural fountains, landscaping design, paver patio. Were conquering Kansas City through out Midwest, with excellent and exceptional service. Call us now!! 816-500-4198
#outdoorfirepitkansascity #outdoorfirepitleawoodkansas #outdoorfirepitolathekansas #outdoorfirepitshawneekansas #outdoorfirepitindependence #outdoorfirepitlansingkansas #outdoorfirepitleessummit #outdoorfirepitprairievillage #outdoorfirepitraytownmo #outdoorfirepitgladstonemo #outdoorfirepitraymoremo #outdoorfirepitbeltonmo #outdoorfirepitoverlandparkkansas #outdoorfirepitleavenworthkansas #outdoorfirepitwichita #outdoorfirepitgardnermo #outdoorfirepitbonnerspringskansas #outdoorfirepitbluespringsmo